INTERSTATE BATTERIESOptima Deep Cycle Battery
By INTERSTATE BATTERIES
OPTIMA® BLUETOP® D34M Ultra high-performance SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY® AGM (absorbent glass mat) dual-purpose battery for marine and RV. BLUETOP® has three times the cycling capability (rechargeability) with ultimate cranking power for your boat or RV in a maintenance-free package. Perfect for multiple high-demand accessories and trolling motors with 15 times the vibration resistance and lighter weight. Lower internal resistance provides more efficient power output and faster recharges.
If you are looking for a deep-cycle group 24 or 34 battery for boat or RV, this is the one for you.
The OPTIMA® model number for this battery is D34M. If you are replacing an OPTIMA® battery you already have, this model is the same as batteries marked 8016-103, 9016-103, 27934, D34M-950, BLUED34, 12854, SC34DM, or N99D34MBLUE.
- Battery Model: D34M
- Part Number: 8016-103
- NSN: 6140 01 475 9355
- UPC Code: 8 11405 00103 1
- Performance Data
- Cold Cranking Amps: 750
- Cranking Amps: 870
- Nominal Voltage: 12 volts
- Open Circuit Voltage (fully charged): 13.1 volts
- Internal Resistance (fully charged): 0.0028 ohms
- Capacity: 55 Ah (C/20)
- Reserve Capacity: BCI: 120 minutes (25 amp discharge, 80°F (26.7°C), to 10.5 volts cut-off)
- Physical Characteristics
- Plate Design:
- High purity lead-tin alloy. Wound cell configuration utilizing proprietary
- SPIRALCELL TECHNOLOGY®.
- Sulfuric acid, H2SO4
- Case: Polypropylene
- Case Color: Light Gray
- Cover Color: “OPTIMA“ Blue
- Group Size: BCI: 34
- Post Type: Dual SAE & 5/16 Stainless Stud
- Weight: 43.5 lb
- Length: 10.06 in
- Width: 6.88 in
- Height: 7.94 in
- CCA (BCI 0°F): 750 amps
- MCA (BCI 32°F): 870 amps
- Recommended Charging
- The following charging methods are recommended to ensure a long battery life:
- (Always use a voltage regulated charger with voltage limits set as described below.)
- Model: D34M
- These batteries are designed for starting and deep cycle applications and for use in vehicles with large accessory loads.
- Recommended Charging Information
- Alternator: 13.65 to 15.0 volts
- Battery Charger: 13.8 to 15.0 volts; 10 amps maximum; 6-12 hours approximate
- Float Charge: 13.2 to 13.8 volts; 1 amp maximum; (indefinite time at lower voltages)
- Rapid Recharge (Constant voltage charger): Maximum voltage 15.6 volts. No current limit as long as battery temperature remains below 125°F (51.7°C). Charge until current drops below 1 amp
- Cyclic or Series String Applications::
- 14.7 volts. No current limit as long as battery temperature remains below 125°F (51.7°C). When current falls below 1 amp, finish with 2 amp constant current for 1 hour.
- All limits must be strictly adhered to.
- Both dual-purpose and starting applications available
- Up to three times more recharges
- More than 15 times the vibration resistance
- Completely spillproof, mountable in virtually any position
- Optimal starting power (Dual purpose and starting applications available)